1. Use of wood as a fuel in a furnace does not have a great impact in the environment. Burning of wood does not contribute in the increase of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
2. Wood is a renewable source of fuels as long as it is harvested responsibly. If wood is used in furnaces, it is important to replenish the source. Unlike gas or oil furnace which use both fuel that are non-renewable, wood has unlimited supply as long as we plant new ones after cutting down old ones.
3. Wood is cheaper compared to other fuel source for furnaces. Oil, gas, and electricity are all increasing in terms of cost that is why it is not practical to use them in a furnace.
US Stove 1802G Warm Air Extra Large Wood and Coal Furnace
- 35" log capacity
- Manual damper system allows fine tuning for maximum efficiency
- Firebrick lined firebox to boost efficiency and heating capacity
- Separate ash door with removable dump pan
- Installation materials are NOT Included
With these reasons, you should now understand why many household owners choose it. Wood furnaces are very versatile because there are different types that you choose from. These are the central wood furnace, the outside wood furnace, and the multi-fuel furnace. When looking or a furnace wood, check out these different types to find the right one for your home.
Choosing a Woodstove
I discuss that wood stove that we chose for our house, a DS Energy Max 160.How you can heat over 3000 sq ft offgrid.