Safety Tips on Boiler Valves
Knowing the basic things about the parts of your combi boiler will help you in terms of maintaining this appliance. Like boiler valves, they also need to be checked and monitored properly to ensure the long life of your combi boilers. Combi boilers are designed with many safety features that include stop check valve boiler. These valves function as the stopper of the system. In other words, they are designed to shut off the boiler from the rest of the system in cases that the boiler needs to be checked or repaired.
Here are some useful tips that you can do to maintain the best condition of your heating boiler valves.
1. Do not forget to put on a pair of heavy work gloves and safety glasses when working on your boiler valves.
2. You must locate the stop check boiler valve. Stop check valves are usually installed vertically on the top of the combination boiler. The valve will be in a vertical position and will have a highly visible indicator pin colored orange or red. The indicator pin should be near the top of the valve and should show that the stop check valve is open.
3. You need to climb up to the level of the stop valve. Use the ladder attached to the boiler for this purpose or set up a ladder in order to reach the valve. If you will set up a ladder, you need to have a helper who will hold it steady while the stop check is being performed.
4. Then, grab the hand wheel with your both hands and turn it counter-clockwise until the indicator pin is at the bottom of the threaded rod and the wheel will turn no further to close the boiler valve.
5. Perform the necessary work on the boiler system. When you are done with the work, climb up to the stop valve boilerand turn the hand wheel clockwise until the indicator pin is at the top of the threaded rod to open the stop check valve.