Boiler Replacement: When Do You Need It?
When you feel like you combi boiler is already not functioning well then maybe it is time for you to replace boiler. Boiler replacement is a big decision to make. There are times that you have doubts on whether you will replace it or just ask someone to fix the problem. Boiler replacement is very necessary if you are noticing the following with your combi boiler:
- 1. If there is no water running out of the combi boiler and it is just a control issue it may be best to have it checked first before you replace boiler. If there is water running then there is a stop leak liquid that can be placed into the boiler as a temporary fix. But it is just a temporary and not a permanent fix. When problems like this occur, either you just need to replace a certain section of the boiler or a total replacement boiler.
- 2. If the boiler is fairly new and the warranty will pay for some of the cost then replacement of a section will be very ideal.
- 3. Always remember that the warranty of the combi boiler rarely covers the labor cost. Labor is to be paid by the homeowner.
- 4. Many believe that when the combi boiler is already 20 years old then boiler replacement is necessary. Oil boilers especially are very much on a downhill slope by 20 years, gas boilers are often in better shape even though the efficiency is way down what we have today. What is best is to seek for advice from reliable technician or boiler engineers before making a decision of replacing the combi boiler.
- 5. If you notice failure of the controls on the boiler then, boiler replacement should be your top priority. But, asking for second opinion is also a good thing as it might be less expensive to have it fixed rather than boiler replacement.
We Recommend to Replace with
Rheem RTGH-95DVLN 9.5 GPM Indoor Direct Vent Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater
- 94-Percent Energy efficient with stainless-steel condensing heat exchanger
- Intelligent electronic controls designed to increase energy efficiency and safety
- Third party efficiency listed by AHRI
- Up to 38-Feet of 3-Inch PVC Pipe or 5-Feet of 2-Inch PVC Pipe
- Low Nox Version